You could start your day by slapping your snooze button, rolling yourself out of bed at the last minute, and rushing to get everything ready before rushing out the door with a pop tart and coffee. Or, you can start your day with some morning habits that will change your life...seriously.
Obviously mornings are extremely important. Starting your day off right really helps have a successful day overall. I don't think some people understand what just a few things can do for your motivation. Doing a few things each morning can also help improve your level of health; both mental and physical. If you’re not much of a morning person, try inserting these 6 things into your mornings to stay healthy.
No messing about here, jumping right into it!
1. Drink a full glass of water. Many prefer to drink their morning water warm with lemon. I prefer my water at room temperature. Whether you choose warm, cold, with lemon or just plain, drinking water first thing in the morning helps get our digestive systems started and rid our bodies of toxins that can build up overnight.
2. Make your Bed. A made bed creates the appearance of a tidy bedroom. So what, right? Well, here's what. This small thing can change your entire attitude. Coming home to a tidy and pulled-together-looking bedroom will make you feel oodles of positive things. A made bed is proven to bring feelings of pride, calm, and grown-up. Those are some nice feelings to have.
3. Stretch. I stretch every morning. First I write in my journal, then I stretch while I read a book or catch up on social media or blog reading. Spending 5-10 minutes quietly stretching helps loosen up my body and gives me time to really focus on myself and how I’m feeling. Plus it just feels so darn good!Whether you’re looking to maintain fitness and flexibility or just loosen up tired, stressed muscles, stretching delivers dozens of obvious and not so well-known benefits, regardless of a person’s age, physical abilities or fitness level. Here are some of the key advantages that many people experience as a result of regular stretching:Increased flexibility
4. Spend time in the quiet. This is my coffee and reading time. Now on a workday, I drink my coffee while I stretch or read my daily devotional. Taking a few minutes to enjoy the quiet before you look at your phone, turn on the bright light, and run full force into your day can help your body transition from sleep to awake much better.
5. Take vitamins. If you take them at the same time every day it will become routine. I take mine in the morning so I don't forget. Vitamins and supplements are so important for our health, especially if we aren’t getting enough nutrition through our food. I take Vitamin C, Biotin (B7), and Vitamin E. These are my choices because they give me what I need. Maybe you need more Iron, or Calcium depending on your age or condition. Please do research to find what vitamins an individual of your age and health would need. Many prefer multi-vitamins which I have tried several of. I just prefer my separate vitamins. It's mostly due to my OCD. :)
6. Apply moisturizer with sunscreen. I can’t stress the importance of this enough. It is best to not leave home without sunscreen on your face, neck, arms, hands and any other area that will be exposed to the sun. Your face is the first thing people see and I love when people say I don’t look my age. It’s a huge compliment. I was a bathing beauty as a teenager and now I’m working hard to repair the damage I did to my skin. Always look for a moisturizer with at least an SPF 15, but preferably SPF 30. But most importantly skin cancer is not a joke.
It’s not a lot, but doing these few things every morning to stay healthy will really enhance your life.
What is something you do each morning to keep your body and mind healthy?
Just a girl trying not to suck at life and attempting to help other moms.
My favorite equipment
4 Essential Fitness Tips
Six morning routines
3 things you're not doing
Go To The Workouts